HOME > Parents Information > Parents Support Group
Parents Support Group
The Parent Support Group (PSG) provides PSG members the opportunity to:
- Share their perspectives and feedback on school programmes and processes
- Share their knowledge and experience with the students as part of the students’ holistic education
- Network and learn with other parents as the children mature into confident teenagers
As valued partners of the school, the school will invite the PSG members to:
- Plan and participate in parenting workshops that meet the needs of different groups of parents.
- Have conversations with school leaders and key personnel on MOE and school policies.
- Participate in MOE activities for parents.
- Join the students and staff in key school programmes as part of our school community.
- Plan and carry out interesting activities for PSG members
The teachers who will be working most closely with PSG members are:
- Mrs Chan Lay Yean
- Mrs Yvonne Poh
- Mdm Meenakshi
Parent Representatives for Different Levels in 2020
|Secondary 1||Mdm Josephine Tan Hui Choo|
|Secondary 2||Mdm Samantha See|
|Secondary 3||Mdm Doris Lee|
|Secondary 3||Mrs Kee Hwee Sin|
|Secondary 4 and 5||Mdm Masidayu Kasdi|
|Secondary 4 and 5||Mdm Faridah Abdul Karim|
PARENT SUPPORT GROUP (PSG) MEMBERSHIP
Thank you for your interest to join the PSG. Kindly fill in the information through the link https://tinyurl.com/JVS-PSG-2020 or scan the QR quote.
Visit the Parent Partnership Website by SCHOOLBAG under MOE to access the resources and information on parenting tips, educational news, information on the school curriculum, and resources for parents to support your child’s learning at home – a website intended to bring you into the shared journey of educating your child.
Breakfast with Principal for Sec 4 Parents
As part of the school’s efforts in parent engagement, all Secondary 4 parents were invited to a breakfast session with the Principal on 4 February 2020. During the session, our Principal, Mr Chan, shared with parents information on Post-Secondary Education Pathways and parents had the opportunity to engage in an informal Q&A session with him.
Chinese New Year Celebrations
On 24 January 2020, our PSG Representatives joined us in our Lunar New Year Concert to celebrate the joyous occasion. Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Lunar New Year!
PSG First Meeting 2020
On 4 January 2020, our PSG parents came together for the first meeting of the year to discuss the focus for 2020. During the meeting, the Principal, Mr Chan Yew Wooi thanked the PSG Exco 2019 for their contributions to our school.