HOME > Parents Information > Direct School Admission (DSA)
Direct School Admission (DSA)
- Admission Criteria
- Application Procedure
- Selection Process
- Important Activities and Dates
The DSA-Sec and S1 Posting are the two modes of admission to Secondary Schools. Primary 6 (P6) students who wish to seek admission to a secondary school based on their achievements and talents beyond PSLE can consider applying through the DSA-Sec. Otherwise, students will take part in the S1 Posting, whereby admission is based their PSLE results.
The following are the talent areas offered by Jurongville Secondary School for the Direct School Admission (DSA) exercise.
Learnning for Life Programme (LLP)
Sports & Games
Applied Learning Programme (ALP)
Science, Technology, Engineering an Maths (STEM)
|Football (Boys)||Electronics / Coding / Robotics|
|Tchoukball (Boys & Girls)|
Write up for the various specific talent areas offered by Jurongville Secondary School for the Direct School Admission (DSA) exercise.
Applicants must show:
- diligence and positive attitude towards learning,
- good character and
- display aptitude and strong interest in the following DSA domains: (Electronics – coding and robotics; Football; Tchoukball)
Prior experience in related CCAs and / or participation in relevant competitions will be helpful to the applicants.
Meeting all the above criteria does not guarantee a DSA offer to the applicant.
Application ProcedureApplication for DSA-Sec is to be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 5 May 2021 to 1 Jun 2021, 3pm.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected from years 1-4.
For further enquiries on DSA-Sec, you may call our General Office at 6563 8704 between 8 am to 5 pm. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com with the subject “DSA-Sec”.
For more information on DSA-Sec, please refer to the MOE website: www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
- Applicants will be notified via email by 10 July 2021 with more details on the selection exercise.
- The selection exercise will be conducted between 21– 28 July 2021.
- Applicants will go through a selection process via electronic means. More details will be provided at our school DSA website at a later date.
- Letters will be issued to all applicants by 13 September 2021, informing them of the outcome of their application (Confirmed Offer/ Waiting List/ Rejected).
Important Activities and Dates
|5 May - 1 June 2021, 3 pm||Submission of online DSA Application Form|
|By 10 July 2021||Application will be informed about details of the selection process.|
|21 July - 28 July 2021||Selection process with Jurongville Secondary School through electronic means|
|By 13 September 2021||Applications will be informed of the selection outcome|
We thank you for your interest in joining Jurongville Secondary School through Direct School Admission.